Posted on: 2020-02-05
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3098232
- Coordinate and manage all project activities from design to feasibility to build
- Provide input and influence commercial decision making
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea
Aurex Group is a recruitment firm focusing on the infrastructure and energy sectors that works with leading Asian and international firms across the globe to attract top talent.
Our client is a European renewable energy developer whose renewable energy mix includes wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass spread across 25+ countries with over 10GW of power generation globally.
The Wind Project Design Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and managing all the project design activities for the entire project execution cycle from the design of the project, feasibility phase to as built.
- Carry out the overall planning of project design activities (Design Plan and Program) in order to ensure the on-time emission of the Project design documentations.
- Establish the most appropriate technical solutions for the development of the project design and for the Project’s realization, carrying out a cost/benefit analysis of solutions that are technically similar or equivalent.
- Programs, conducts, and documents Project Design Reviews Meetings together with Project Team members in order to provide an analysis of the project design’s technical consistency, correspondence to the Project’s economic and scheduling objectives, and applicable legislation and regulations for the Plant’s operation
- Carries out a technical analysis of the Project’s modifications, as well as non-conformities, Transmittals and RFI, in order to propose suitable solutions for project design and/or technical problem issues
- Supports the Project Manager in managing technical interfaces towards the local Area/Country O&M and other Organizations
- Support BD activities
- Preparation of Investment Committee Technical Reports with the collaboration of other E&C units, BD and Procurement.
- Engineering Technical Due Diligence.
- Preparation and review of Purchasing Technical Specification for equipment/materials or services.
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, preferably Civil or Electrical
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a field related to wind power plant design within engineering.
- Power Plant Construction experience will be a plus.
- Power plant engineering. Design of civil and electromechanical systems (plant, machinery and component) from feasibility study, basic engineering to executive engineering.
- Knowledge of wind resource analysis, micro-siting and estimation of energy yield to ascertain wind farm output under different conditions.
- Knowledge in wind turbine operation and primary components (generator, gearbox, yaw/pitch mechanisms, failure modes, etc.)
- Knowledge of grid connection, electrical substation and collection system; main components and functioning
- Knowledge of common wind turbine foundation types, input data for the structural design, geotechnical investigations, ground improvement techniques and civil road design
- Understanding of the prevalent wind turbine technologies, IEC classification, their applications and technical features
- Regular driver’s license required
- Ability to travel domestically and some international travel when required