Posted on: 2021-03-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3232247
- 2+ years investment experience in Korea with domestic projects required
- Must speak & write business proficient Korean to negotiate local contracts
- Position based in Seoul, South Korea full time, no relocation budget
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Property and Natural Resources & Commodities. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite and work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, and asset managers.
Our client is a high-growth, well-capitalized, world-renowned, private equity firm focusing on infrastructure and energy investments in Asia-Pacific and North America. It is a dynamic business with strong financial backing from its investors and a flat organizational structure to allow it to action deals quickly.
The VP of Investment for South Korea will be responsible for building a portfolio of utility-scale renewable energy projects in South Korea. The ideal candidate will have a specialty in at least one renewable energy technology such as ground mounted solar, floating solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, or geothermal. You will lead origination, due diligence, and financing of renewable energy project and portfolio acquisitions.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, driven, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about bringing renewable energy to South Korea.
This role is ideal for an innovative and self-motivated candidate with a good understanding of the market who can source opportunities, identify risks, present solutions to overcome challenges, and back him/herself to deliver.
This is not your typical employer-employee relationship where the employer dictates how you will spend your time and what your strategy will be. This is an opportunity for you to work with the employer to build your own investment plan. In this partnership, you will originate, assess, and own the investment process while the employer will provide financial support and shared resources such as the legal team, procurement team, EPC team, and accounting team for your pipeline of projects.
You will be responsible for ownership of the project from concept to COD. If you have not had previous responsibility managing a project from RTB to COD, this is a great opportunity to join a patient organization that is willing to train you and invest in your career growth.
- Entrepreneurial position where the candidate is expected to bring a view on the market and set his/her own development goals
- Identify targets, prepare proposals, and manage relationships
- Generate financial models, conduct due diligence, and propose projects for investment decision
- Ensure projects meet internal investment criteria and gain necessary internal approvals
- Develop relationships with local developers, EPCs, government entities, land aggregators, or other potential collaborators
- Structure and execute investment transactions
- Solicit, review, and evaluate proposals from EPCs
- Must be able to speak and write with business proficiency in Korean in order to evaluate proposals and execute contracts in South Korea
- 2+ years major infrastructure investment experience such as power generation, high speed rail, or roads & bridges
- Ability to manage multiple, desynchronized projects
- Ability to work remotely with little oversight
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, use the Apply Now button to submit your CV.
Job posted by: Amy Marietta, Recruiter, Aurex Group R018961 | EA Licence No: 18S9493