Posted on: 2021-04-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Technical & Operational
Job reference: 3261181
- Major Oil & Gas Company
- Offer opportunities for upward career development
- Based in Brownsville, TX
The purpose of this position is to lead and manage operational business processes to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective operation and maintenance of Company owned and/or operated facilities within a geographical region. Candidates must have strong operations and maintenance knowledge of natural gas and/or hazardous liquid pipelines, liquid pumps, tank storage, and/or distribution terminals,
The incumbent in this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, international, and local rules and regulations, company policies and procedures, as well as developing and maintaining civic and community involvement and relationships. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and maintaining Operations and Capital budgets for Company facilities.
- Accountable for operating Company facilities in a safe, reliable, and cost effective manner.
- Accountable for providing leadership and motivation to establish, implement, and maintain a high quality Safety Culture.
- Develop and administer operational processes, procedures and culture to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective operation of physical assets.
- Ensures compliance with all Regulations, Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Must possess and demonstrate fundamental knowledge of facility and system construction, operations and maintenance, and the technical skills required to understand, develop, and recommend corrective measures to processes and equipment to ensure that the facilities are operated as designed, within limitations of the equipment, and to meet commercial obligations as required.
- Must possess the ability to participate in design and construction of new facilities or repair and reconstruction of existing facilities. The incumbent will play a lead role in representing field operations during PHA reviews, Pre-startup Safety Reviews, and facility start-up and commissioning activities.
- Must possess the skills required to analyze, recommend, and initiate corrective measures when Abnormal Operating Conditions or system malfunctions occur.
- Responds appropriately to Emergency Response situations and performs first responder duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan
Candidates ideally possess:
- Good understanding and use of the English language, Must be Proficient in Spanish
- Crisis management skills,
- Public/media relations skills,
- Public speaking/presentation skills,
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization,
- Ability to effectively manage employee work teams,
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines,
- Strongly motivated with good communication (oral and written), leadership and diplomatic skills,
- Good skills with Microsoft applications, database applications, computerized maintenance management systems, etc.
- Prior supervisory and/or managerial experience, such as
- 5+ years natural gas and/or hazardous liquid pipeline and terminal operations experience, or
- 5 + years management experience with operations and/or maintenance of natural gas and/or hazardous liquid pipeline and terminal operations experience, or
- 10+ years of progressive management experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of safe handling practices for handling, storing and transporting natural gas and/or hazardous liquids
- High School Diploma and equivalent education, training, and applicable experience in operations and maintenance of refined products and/or hazardous liquid pipeline and storage/distribution systems, rotating equipment, and hazardous liquid tank and truck terminals, or
- Equivalent experience in plant management.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport or Visa for international travel (to U.S.)
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- Associates degree in a technical field
- Engineering degree
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa