Posted on: 2022-06-01
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3413694
- Senior position to lead from basic design to COD
- Must have new-build construction experience in Taiwan
- Position based in Taipei, Taiwan full time, no relocation budget
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on the Energy & Infrastructure sectors. Our Renewable Energy team works with companies across the full spectrum of the project lifecycle to recruit candidates in all functions from investment and origination to market development to project development to engineering and construction to operations and maintenance to divestiture.
As a recruitment agent, we assist companies to source talent in hard to fill positions or in new markets where our clients may not have a strong network or brand presence yet.
Our client is a renowned, global renewable energy developer with expertise in large scale solar development, boasting a global portfolio of over 2GW of projects in operations. As one of the world’s Top 10 solar developers, you will be joining a well-known brand and one of the best capitalized and most aggressive companies in the sector. You will have the opportunity to work within a global business consisting of over 500 employees spread across 20+ countries who are specialists and experts in their job functions and who are passionate about the renewable energy transition.
The Senior Project Manager you will be a member of the global Construction team who are the driving force of the business. You will join a team of experts who have been building utility-scale solar farms globally for 10+ years (not many companies can say that!) and thus have access to lessons learned, best-practices, and some of the most brilliant minds in the solar development industry. You will also join a company that is innovative and is constantly seeking to improve practices across engineering, procurement, and construction. With an annual project construction volume in the gigawatt range, your employer is one of the “market makers” who is shaping the future of the renewable energy industry.
Position is based in Taipei, Taiwan full-time. Applicants must be currently located in Taiwan with work authorization for Taiwan. Travel of up to 50% will be required to visit project sites, meet with contractors, and coordinate approvals with government agencies.
- Take full ownership of the project construction process to ensure on-time, on-budget, and safe construction of solar farms and their related components (ex: substations, transmission)
- Lead the design review process for EPC basic design
- Ensure the design meets technical requirements, is aligned with the procurement strategy, and supports the critical path
- Consult with global team members across commercial, technical, procurement, legal, etc to prepare RFP documentation and contractual documents
- Advise the global team on local regulations, permits, and other requirements
- During project execution, continuously monitor HSE activities on site and consult with the global HSE team regarding any risks or HSE audits
- During project execution, track and respond to items such as notice to proceed orders, claims, RFIs, change orders, and other contractual requirements; when necessary, liaise with the legal team and procurement to resolve issues
- Update the project plan and budget as necessary to account for supply delays, construction delays, permitting delays, or others
- Validate payment milestones for contractors and vendors as well as non-conformities letters if performance or quality are lacking
- Prepare progress reports for the internal team
- Manage the project budget and cashflows
- Work with the internal Grid team to manager interconnection
- Upon reaching COD, hand over the project to the Asset Management team
- Must have 10+ years experience managing large scale, new-build construction projects in Taiwan
- Must have worked on at least 1 power plant construction project including interconnection and commissioning in Taiwan
- Track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Good HSE record
- Driving license
Nice to have:
- Solar power plant construction experience, especially those over 30MW in Taiwan
- Degree in engineering or construction management
- PMP qualification
- Coursework or continuing education in contract management
- Previous experience as a Site Manager, Owner’s Engineer, Lender’s Technical Advisor, or Engineering Manager
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please click the Apply Now button and submit your CV.
Job posted by: Amy Marietta, Recruiter, Aurex Group, EA 18S9493 | R1878463