Posted on: 2019-11-18
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 2972129
- Opportunity to originate renewable energy projects for Korea’s energy transition
- Leverage your relationships to shape policy & leave a legacy
- Must have strong domestic power generation development experience
Aurex Group is a leading recruitment firm focusing on the infrastructure and energy sectors that works with leading Asian and international firms across the globe to attract top talent.
Our client is a leading global infrastructure developer that develops, builds, owns, and operates various infrastructure and energy projects to include power generation (conventional and renewable) and energy storage. In 2018, the company had nearly 100 projects under development or construction with a large number in green energy.
The Senior Originator for Renewable Power Generation in Korea will take leadership of the existing renewable energy development team with a focus on establishing the business vision, strategies, goals, and priorities to grow and strengthen business in the region, capitalizing on the South Korean government’s goals to achieve 20% renewable energy by 2030.
The ideal candidate has successfully originated greenfield infrastructure investments in South Korea, brought multiple desynchronized infrastructure projects to completion, led large teams (20+ permanent personnel plus oversight of 200-300 subcontracters, partners, and consultants), and has a deep understanding of local South Korean policies regarding infrastructure construction and investments.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing renewable power generation projects and related infrastructure in Korea
- Lead the origination, development, and execution of utility-scale energy production and infrastructure transactions in South Korea including investments, joint ventures, acquisitions, and greenfield development
- Evaluate regulatory changes to determine strategic focus
- Be the public face of the company as needed