Posted on: 2020-09-08
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Corporate Functions
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3165190
- Review and draft legal documents for the firm
- Take responsibility and instruct outside parties
- Hong Kong based role, urgent hire
Aurex Group is working with a leading global real estate organisation to hire a Senior Legal & Compliance person for their Hong Kong office. This role will have regional responsibility, working closely with other offices across Asia.
The Senior Legal & Compliance hire will use their negotiation and communication skills to liaise with clients, colleagues, law firms, insurance providers and other stakeholders to protect the firm in a legal capacity by reviewing and drafting all types of legal documents.
- Draft, review, advise and vet commercial agreements and documents (e.g. consultancy services agreement, tender documents) for the company and its other offices within the Asia Pacific Region
- Liaise with colleagues in different offices within the Asia Pacific Region in relation to legal and business development matters
- Conduct legal research, analyse legal and compliance issues and work out resolutions to them
- Assist in contract negotiations with clients, services providers, etc.
- Advising on contract law, tort and up-to-date construction and building ordinances
- Carry out any ad hoc assignment
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 5 years of exposure in law firm or in-house legal department;
- Law degree background in common law jurisdiction or higher qualification;
- Familiar with contract law, tort and up-to-date construction and building ordinances;
- Strong legal, contract sense and problem-solving skills in contract and legal disputes related issues;
- Strong business acumen;
- Skillful in drafting legal and contract terms for corporate agreement templates and guidelines;
- Highly efficiency in reviewing and vetting all the contracts, tender bids, in-house servicing contracts from different studios;
- Knowledgeable in conducting legal research, company research, lands research, etc.;
- Detailed mind and able to provide the comments in a professional manner with high degree of accuracy;
- Possess good negotiation and communication skills i.e. liaison with clients, stakeholders, law firms and insurance providers;
- Strong sense of responsibility and able to handle the tasks independently in a thorough manner;
- Multi-tasking, meticulous and able to prioritise and cope with tight deadline in short notice;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is essential.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV in English to Ben Watt by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa