Posted on: 2019-12-03
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 2992617
- Must have 10+ years of renewable energy development experience, 5+ in Asia
- Origination, development, A&D, and build partnerships in Asia
- Must have evaluated multiple energies (solar, wind, etc) in Asia
Our client is a leading global developer and investor that develops, builds, owns, and operates infrastructure and energy projects to include power generation (conventional and renewable), battery storage, and electric vehicle charging stations. As many Asian countries look to transition from conventional to renewable power, our client is at the forefront of this transformation.
The Senior Development Director will lead the origination, development and execution of renewable energy transactions in Asia and build relationships with external stakeholders that result in profitable business opportunities.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successful utility-scale greenfield developments and A&D activity in Asia across a mix of technologies (solar, wind, geothermal, hydro, and/or biomass).
- Develop and communicate a clear and compelling development strategy with an appropriate mix of technologies and geographies to achieve the financial objectives set for the region
- Source and originate sustainable infrastructure development projects; lead initial project review and due diligence
- Evaluate development project proposals and allocate financial and human capital to those projects, meeting the approved investment criteria
- Proactively manage relationships with project partners and stakeholders
- Evaluate regulatory changes to determine energy sectors and jurisdictions for strategic focus
- Partner closely with the company’s development leads in Asia to complete project investment due diligence and technical, commercial and financial project development