Posted on: 2020-05-12
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Australia & New Zealand
Job reference: 3122682
- Cross-technology(solar, wind, ESS) development opportunity focusing on Australia
- Strong balance sheet to take advantage of M&A opportunities
- Position is based in Melbourne, Australia
Senior Development Manager, Australia
Aurex Group is a leading recruitment firm focusing on the infrastructure and energy sectors that works with leading Asian and international firms across the globe to attract top talent.
Our client is a leading global infrastructure developer and investor that develops, builds, owns, and operates utility-scale power generation projects in Asia, Africa, the Americas, and Europe with a pipeline of over 10GW.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for end-to-end development activities in Australia across technologies including Solar, Wind, and ESS.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead the origination, development, and execution of transactions in Australia including investments, joint ventures, acquisitions, and greenfield development
- Project manage all development activities utilizing internal and external resources
- Acquire or lease land as necessary
- Partner with or hire EPC contractors and oversee project execution
- Negotiate PPAs
- Conduct financial modeling, technical due diligence, risk assessment, etc to evaluate greenfield and brownfield project feasibility
Professional Expertise / Qualifications:
- Professional qualification in Engineering, Finance, or other relevant field
- 7+ years work experience in renewable energy in Australia
- Proven track record of developing renewable energy projects in Australia
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work remotely with little oversight
- Willingness to travel to sites across Australia to pursue opportunities
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and Deal Sheet to Amy Marietta at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com.