Posted on: 2020-09-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3127802
- Seeking Senior Advisor/NED for energy and infrastructure
- Part-time position that can evolve to full-time
- Main office in Taipei, Taiwan
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Property and Natural Resources & Commodities. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite and work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, and asset managers.
Our client is a Western fund focused on real assets across a diverse range of industries including energy, telecommunications, data centers, water and water treatment, and IT services. With over $10B of AUM, and offices in on 3 continents, it is a leader in the space and is making a positive impact on the global transition to renewable energy sources.
Our client is seeking a Senior Advisor in a high-level, strategic capacity to help promote the company’s renewable energy development projects in Taiwan with relevant government authorities, business associations, and other stakeholders. The Senior Advisor will closely with the CEO to understand the business’s objectives, where it is encountering roadblocks, and take an active role in solving high level issues.
You will be responsible for advising the portfolio company CEO and the fund Managing Director on the strategic direction of the business and financial performance of the platform. Role is initially part-time but can transition to full-time as projects progress.
- Primary liaison between the fund and the project companies
- Work with the management team of the fund as well as the leadership of each subsidiary company in Taiwan to develop strategies for growth
- Advise on any political, operational, regulatory, financial, or other risks that may impact performance
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the CEO and project team
- Communicate with relevant government bodies, authorities, key stakeholders, labor unions farmer and fisherman communities, and influencers at national, regional and local level relevant to policies affecting energy and infrastructure development
- Lead meetings and negotiations with Government and external stakeholders to ensure support for projects
- 30+ years relevant work experience
- Track record of success in large infrastructure investments in Taiwan
- o Must have experience with greenfield project development
- o Must have experience with land conversion
- o Ideally, experience with power production
- Experience with renewables such as solar, wind, waste-to-energy or water/wastewater is beneficial
- Financially savvy with experience in corporate investments or M&A, investment banking, hedge fund, pension fund or similar
- Proven network and credibility with relevant stakeholders such as BOE, MOEA, COA, EPA, TaiPower, Taiyen, TaiSugar, or others
- Business proficiency in Mandarin necessary in order to liaise with Taiwanese government officials and stakeholders
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and Deal Sheet to Amy Marietta at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com EA Licence No: 18S9493 | R1878463