Posted on: 2021-09-03
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3322120
- Highway Construction Project Expertise
- Highly Reputable Civil Contractor
- Enjoy Work-Life Harmony at the Sunshine Coast
Our client is a Head Contractor, known for delivering a wide variety of outstanding building and engineering projects in Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory. They are currently seeking a Project Health & Safety Advisor with Road Construction expertise, to join the team on a major TMR road construction project located on the Sunshine Coast.
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective implementation and ongoing improvement of the Projects’ Health, Safety initiatives on the project as well as ongoing training and awareness.
- Ensure ongoing implementation and maintenance of the site & corporate Safety Management System.
- Implement the Site Safety Plan.
- Drive on-going improvement in the Safety and Health Management System through auditing and review of SHMS components.
- Assist to provide a workplace that meets Community and Corporate Safety standards.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and awareness of the Safety function.
- Report on safety indicators and trends.
- Prepare and distribute Safety Reports.
- Provide leadership and support to operations personnel particularly for risk management and incident investigation processes.
- Encourage effective teamwork.
- Lead the Health, Safety and Training Teams both at a site level.
- Project specific advisory roles in driving the Safety efforts.
- Ongoing improvement with the sites’ Safety Management System.
- Ongoing support to Corporate for risk management and incident investigation activities.
- Provide resources and expertise to support the implementation of Safety initiatives.
- Regularly report on leading and lagging measures for safety.
- Monitor the completion of actions associated with safety improvement opportunities at site level.
- Tertiary qualifications in HSE or a related field desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience in all aspects of management at a Site / Project HSE level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infrastructure construction projects is essential – TMR Road experience will be highly regarded.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with fellow team members, management, stakeholders and industry experts and write high quality reports.
- Competent computing skills, advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Understanding and adherence to the requirements of laws, industry and organisational standards, principles of good governance and accepted community and ethical practice.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Shane Stevens or William Harvey by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa