Posted on: 2021-05-05
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Location: Australia & New Zealand
Job reference: 3206985A
- FIFO 15/6
- Civil project expertise
- Coal Seam Gas project
Our client is a leading Civil Contractor, known for delivering a wide variety of outstanding engineering projects in Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory. They are currently seeking an experienced Project Health & Safety Advisor with:
- Roads, well pads and associated infrastructure expertise
- CSG expertise
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective implementation and ongoing improvement of the Projects’ Health, Safety Management initiatives across the various sites as well as ongoing training and awareness.
- Ensure ongoing implementation and maintenance of the site & corporate Safety Management System
- Develop and Implement site Safety Plans
- Drive on-going improvement in the Safety and Health Management System through auditing and review of SHMS components.
- Assist to provide a workplace that meets Community and Corporate Safety standards
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and awareness of the Safety function.
- Report on safety indicators and trends.
- Prepare and distribute Safety Reports
- Provide leadership and support to operations personnel particularly for risk management and incident investigation processes.
- Encourage effective teamwork
- Lead the Health, Safety and Training Teams both at site level.
- Lead the Health, Safety, Environment and Training Teams both at a site level.
- Project specific advisory roles in driving the Safety efforts.
- Ongoing improvement with the sites’ Safety Management System.
- Ongoing support to Corporate for risk management and incident investigation activities.
- Provide resources and expertise to support the implementation of Safety initiatives.
- Regularly report on leading and lagging measures for safety.
- Monitor the completion of actions associated with safety improvement opportunities at site level.
- Tertiary qualifications in HSE or a related field desirable.
- Relevant professional certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in all aspects of safety at a Site / Project level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Resources Infrastructure construction projects is essential – Roads, well pads and associated infrastructure expertise.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with fellow team members, management, stakeholders and industry experts and write high quality reports.
- Competent computing skills, advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to work FIFO.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Shane Stevens by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa