Posted on: 2021-01-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3190330
- Full ownership of development activities
- Role for a hands-on development expert
- Must hold an excellent track record in renewable energy
Regional Head of Project Development – Renewables – Asia
Our client is one of the world’s leading renewable energy businesses looking to build a large-scale portfolio out in Asia Pacific across onshore & offshore wind, solar and energy storage primarily.
With such ambitions in mind, they are seeking a Regional Head of Project Development who has undertaken a similar role previously in either EMEA or the USA.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead project development activities during the development and permitting stages of Wind and/or Solar projects until financial close.
- Work closely with engineering and project management teams to effectively transition through the transaction to eventual execution.
- M&A will play a large part in this role and your ability to network, search, and then fully manage this transaction will be crucial.
- Standardize and negotiate lease/power purchase agreements (including Corporate PPA contracts).
- Engagement in permitting and licensing processes.
- A hands-on approach will be expected to support the execution of multiple projects.
In order to be eligible for this role you must fulfil the following:
- Previous experience at a regional level within the renewable energy industry
- You must have over 15 years of industry experience as this role will be an MD level position.
- A strong track record with a history of successful transactions in renewable energy.
- Preferably, will come from an international organization and understand how to execute his/her role in such an environment.
This role has flexibility to be based in any of the following: Singapore, Seoul, Taipei, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, or Tokyo.
If you believe you are a strong fit for this role then please get apply via the link whilst alternatively if you believe you have a friend who could be relevant, then please feel free to share this position with them.