Posted on: 2021-04-22
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Facility & Property Management
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3257851
- Multinational – Data Centre
- Regional Portfolio APAC
- EHS Professional
About Our Client
A global data centre giant – well-known industry leader within their market, employing more than 100,000 employees worldwide, is currently looking to expand their operations further into the APAC region.
In view of the increasing demand in technology and digitisation where data centres become vital and act as a core integral requirement for the facilitation of these technologies, our client is looking for a EHS professional with solid regional experience within similar industry to lead the team in achieving best in class safety methodology and processes while driving integration and standardization across the region to achieve higher effectiveness and efficiency.
Reporting directly to the Regional Head of EHS, the roles and responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- Plan, develop and implement EHS strategies and methodology across the region achieving best in class methodology and standards while aligning it with the organisation’s goals.
- Drive integration and standardization of EHS programs/ processes / procedures where required to achieve better effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead EHS CAPEX proposals in areas where required, while being able to tie it commercially to the business goals.
- Overseeing international regulatory compliance of the countries under purview ensuring they are properly adhered and complied with.
- Be the go-to person in providing leadership and functional expertise through strategic implementation of EHS awareness, importance, in creating a safe work environment for individuals working or entering the premise and organization.
- Responsible for EHS business risk and other regulatory/ compliance activities.
The shortlisted candidates should possess the following:
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree in Health and Safety or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in similar role, regional experience is a MUST HAVE.
- Good leadership skills in overseeing and managing team from different countries remotely, with in depth understanding of their legislative frameworks and culture.
- Strong business/ commercial acumen is an added advantage.
- Possessing professional safety and environmental certifications is highly desirable (such as Certified Safety/ Environment Professional, Certified Safety Management Specialist or Occupational Safety Specialist)
For interested candidates who believe that they have the required experience and credentials as laid above, please apply to the role directly / share your latest resume to Vivien Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.