Posted on: 2021-06-07
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Technical & Operational
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3280112
- World Leading Organisation
- Highly Technical Environment
- Opportunity only available for a high performer
Quantitative Strategist – Python Specialist – Singapore
Our client is a world leading energy organization with entities situated in several countries globally including Singapore.
The company is in a strong growth phase and are looking to add headcount to their Data Analytics Team with the hire of a Quantitative Strategist. The role will be sitting in Singapore within a high performing team who are built to provide complex models, distinct data sets and agile solutions to provide advantages to the commercial teams.
Key responsibilities will include;
- You will partner internally with both senior commercial partners and analysts to achieve their immediate goals for the business.
- Work across the regions to help build a meaningful technology agenda for the analyst community
- You will build efficient and innovative solutions using modern data analytics to enable analysis and advise decision making.
- You will craft and build scalable, reusable components and frameworks in-line with mandated architectures.
- You will sit within a highly technical team and be a critical part of the team and help meet high levels of ambition around the use of technology in their business.
- Lastly, you will mentor and lead in different scenarios and be an excellent communicator across the global strategy team.
Alongside the above responsibilities, they are seeking a dynamic individual who can work across different geographies and personalities. You must have had between 5 to 10 years of experience overall and examples of working across multiple teams.
The successful applicant will be someone who can demonstrate a strong history in python programming with knowledge of pandas, NumPy, Jupyter etc. The individual will be able to write production ready pythonic code from the outset.
Further knowledge in web services architecture, UI development and source code control systems will be imperative.
If you can program in another OO language such as C#, Java and have experience working with data science platforms you will find that these skills will be advantageous for your application. Whilst deep data science knowledge in econometrics, OLS and Lasso, SVMs, NNs and Kernel methods are highly desirable skills.
The role is open to only very skilled programmers and passionate technologists.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please use the “Apply Now” to submit your CV. Job posted by Daniel Rose, Recruiter at Aurex Group EA 18S9493 | R1550272.