Posted on: 2021-02-09
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3217245
- Great oppty for Analyst/Associate with 1-3 years modelling experience
- Focus on Solar and Battery storage in 5+ countries in SEA
- Office attendance in Singapore required, no relocation budget
In renewable power generation, solar photovoltaic as clean and green energy technology plays a vital role to fulfill the power shortage of any country. Modeling, simulation, and analysis of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation with and expected economic output produce vital knowledge for project developer in order to determine the whether the project will be profitable.
The Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for creating models with location-specific inputs for solar systems to help understand the behavior and characteristics in real climatic conditions of that location. Opportunity to join a growing, financially stable, renewable energy developer as a Quantitative Analyst directly supporting the business development teams across the region. This will be a hands-on role where you will work in collaboration with the business developers, engineers, and pricing teams to gather inputs to build your models to profile prospective projects. You will be responsible for translating these insights into valuable commercial outcomes.
Position is based in Singapore full-time; no relocation budget allocated; attendance in the office required.
- Create new and unique models for rooftop solar development and/or energy storage opportunities to use in each target market
- Perform valuation of renewable energy investment or development opportunities
- Support due diligence activities with a focus on pricing and risk quantification models
- Monitor and advise commercial teams on policy changes that may affect models; update models as necessary
- This is a critical role which requires strong independent work abilities but also strong collaborative capabilities across the Commercial, Finance, and Pricing teams to adequately explain risk and measure performance.
Hard Skills Requirement:
- 1-3 years professional experience with quantitative modelling in a related field such as equities trading, power trading, or infrastructure investment banking
- Engineering degree highly preferred; if not then statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative discipline desirable
- Mastery of MatLab or similar quantitative programming language like Python, R, or VBA and database skills like SQL
Soft Skills Requirement:
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of or eager to understand the power grid in various Southeast Asian countries, power flow modelling, and economics of source fuels (like solar and batteries)
- Attention to detail, diligent, strong organizational skills, curious, confident, and creative
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn, work with other groups, and increase overall profitability
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Ability to overcome ambiguity and achieve goals without knowing the steps involved to get there; ability to plan/manage multiple priorities while committed to deadlines in a demanding environment and work overtime when required
- Ability to work with incomplete data or seemingly open-ended questions and translate into actionable positions
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Amy Marietta | R1878463 | Aurex Singapore Pte. Ltd. | EA Licence No: 18S9493 by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa