Posted on: 2021-02-02
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3165744
- Contribute your skills toward the renewable energy transition
- Senior position for Project Manager with 10+ years experience
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea full time
Our client is a global renewable energy developer with a long track record of of power production experience and a GW-size pipeline in Asia. This is an opportunity to join a well-established renewable energy company that is committed to the region, has strong financial backing, and over 10 years of experience in renewable energy.
*Please note: this position is not allocated relocation from overseas or expatriate allowances of any sort.
The role of the Project Manager is to lead project execution in Korea and bring best practices to the E&C team, leveraging PMBOK as a guide. You will work with the global project management team to adapt the headquarters’ policies to the local market. Must be a dynamic communicator and willing to work with colleagues on 3 continents.
The Project Manager interfaces directly with the project managers of local Korean supplier/contractor, and as such, written and spoken Korean with business proficiency are required for this role. The Project Manager will also interface directly with international suppliers and will be expected to review contracts in English, and as such, written and spoken English with business proficiency are required for this role.
- Assess and select the main supplier and/or subcontractor for each assigned project
- Manage projects execution from approval by the investment committee to the final handover to O&M team
- Develop action item lists, assign tasks, define deadlines, control the status
- Achieve budget, time, safety, and quality objectives
- Preparation and continuously update the project management plan including time schedule, budget definition/contingencies allocation, procurement plan, communication, quality, and stakeholder and risk management plan
- Manage deviations/changes to ensure the achievement of the assigned goals of the project
- Coordinate all the E&C resources and the staff to achieve project targets
- Manage the relationship with the main stakeholders (suppliers, contractors, local communities and administrations) to minimize conflicts and risks for the project
- Report to the Regional Project Leader and company Top Management globally and locally about the status and progress of the assigned projects
- Enforce corporate HSE
- Managing the relationships with Customers, Suppliers, Contractors, Landowners, Authorities and Community, Stakeholders and Senior Management
- Support Business Development during all phases of the assessment of the opportunity (due diligence, feasibility study, investment memorandum, budgets, schedule, constructability, risk matrix, etc.).
- Review and provide active support to the Procurement Department and Project Engineering during all phases of the procurement process (e.g. commercial terms, RFPs, proposal evaluation, exhibit preparation, contract negotiations)
- Ensure the proper execution of Construction and Supply Agreements
- Work closely with the Contract Manager and Project Planner in case of any changes or claims
- Facilitate compliance audits
- Lead weekly/monthly project meetings and report to management
- With the Project Planning and Cost Control unit, identify, report, and implement any necessary deviation, overruns, impact, and corrective actions
- Manage the Project Closure and the Close Out Report with the relevant lesson learned
- Coach, train and mentor the assigned resources in the project team to promote the continuous skills improvement
- Provide and receive feedback within and outside the project team
- Give team members and their functional supervisor feedback to foster career development and employee growth within the company.
- Foster and support the implementation of innovation and digitization initiatives that increase efficiency and safety in project execution
- 10+ years Project Management experience of which includes at least 7+ years of Engineering and Construction experience in Power Generation, Renewable Energy, or Large Industrial Engineering and Construction facilities
- Skilled in project management practices (PMI certification must have) and problem solving
- Skilled in cash flow, financial modelling, taxes, and managing budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance means
- Knowledge on Electrical Distribution and Control Systems
- Knowledge of Power Plant Operation
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, SAP, Database Management Systems, and MS Project
- Knowledge of AGILE Methodology good but not required
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is preferred
- Up to 35% of domestic and international travel
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please use the apply button to submit your CV and deal sheet/projects sheet together in a single document.
Amy Marietta EA 18S9493 | R1878463
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa