Posted on: 2020-05-12
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Development & Project Management
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3130167
- Hong Kong based with frequent travel
- Executive, hands on position
- Highly visible role, report to the Board
Reporting to the Director of Projects for the Group, Project General Manager will take ownership of a major capital expenditure of new build facilities. This real estate project is in South China and will encompass the end-to-end project management from design through to construction, delivery and OP.
The Project General Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and coordinating all design and construction project activities to ensure that set goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time, quality and funding parameters.
- Reviewing project proposals under consideration by the Development Management team to determine time frame, funding requirements, success criteria and delivery risks.
- Working with Project Managers to prepare implementation plans which identify the key project attributes, ensuring the deployment of appropriately qualified staff and resources for each phase of a project from existing establishment, by recruitment or outsource solutions.
- Applying project contractual knowledge and experience to ensure optimal commercial arrangements with external service providers, contractors and suppliers.
- Reviewing status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Progress reports are prepared for CEO, Board of Management, the Project Management Office (PMO), Business Managers and third party stakeholders as necessary.
- Utilising Best Practice in the project management field and conversant with current trends and training needs. Maintains a professional network with Government officials and principals/directors of leading consulting and construction companies.
To be successful in your application for this role, you must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Degree qualification in engineering, preferably civil or structural. Post graduate studies in construction management or commercial fields will be highly advantageous
- Aged between 43-50
- Previous working history for in Mainland China delivering projects for a Hong Kong real estate organisation
- Ability to influence outcomes with internal and external stakeholders to mutually beneficial outcomes
- Highly developed communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV in English to Ben Watt by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa