Posted on: 2021-02-09
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Development & Project Management
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3205961
- APAC Data Centre Operating Platform
- Greenfield DC project developments
- Pioneer member in the regional team
- Implement a high-level effective PMO/project management framework and execution methodologies, incorporating necessary project management processes as required
- Manage a portfolio of numerous regional projects, including personnel, project schedules, technical oversight, team development, supporting of budget preparation and financial reporting
- Oversee teams of project managers, architects, engineers and/or other consultants to deliver mission critical projects on time, to budget and to the highest quality
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on regional projects
- Support development of project scope documents, quality standards, project-specific technical specifications and relevant drawings.
- Review relevant master schedules and other reports as necessary to ensure timeline is met
- Secure resources, suppliers, materials, services and products as required to support regional projects
- Monitor regional project progress and identify opportunities for improved delivery
- Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills to mitigate impact on projects
- Direct meetings, introduce and manage wider regional project-related discussions
- Manage and/or support administer tender processes for appointing consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Manage and/or administer requests for payments, invoice processing and other typical project administration
- Direct and participate in due diligence activities to identify and qualify potential sites and facilities.
- Implement and manage processes to assure quality and HSE control during construction projects.
- Ensure zero tolerance for breaches of HSE policies with relevant reporting on near-misses and incidents
- Identification, assessment and quantification of near-misses, safety incidents, potential hazards, and other workplace risks
- Identify and implement strategies to promote safety culture in the workplace
- Negotiate contracts with consultants, external project managers, contractors and equipment vendors as required
- Provide regular reporting on regional project status with strategies to correct project deviations.
- Travel as needed to effectively manage teams and projects.
- Ensure scheduling, minuting of various project meetings
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality
- Manage and document project change requests and follow up on approvals
- Oversee proper close out processes are followed through to completion, including handover of final O&M manuals and as-built documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, Technology or a related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in program/project management preferred including at least 5 years’ experience in construction of mission-critical environments and data centers.
- Strong knowledge of typical construction contracts and building codes
- Experience working with construction disciplines and trades (general/architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, etc.)
- Ability to apply quality management principles and processes
- Ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Have strong analytical, research and negotiation skills, strong contractual knowledge including reading contractual terminology
- Strong written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms
- Ability to review architectural, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications drawings
- Certifications such as PMP, ATD, ATS, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CNCDP, CDRP, CDMS
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Jing Leong by using the “Apply Now” button below or send the CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa
EA 18S9493 | R1872880