Posted on: 2022-06-01
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3403549
- Exciting new software+hardware product
- Electricity market working with retailers, power generators, and utilities
- Position based anywhere in Australia, WFH
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on the Energy & Infrastructure sectors. Our Renewable Energy team works with companies across the full spectrum of the project lifecycle to recruit candidates in all functions from investment and origination to market development to project development to engineering and construction to operations and maintenance to divestiture on behalf of our clients.
Aurex Group is recruiting on behalf of a corporate start-up that is a market leader for smart energy management systems for electricity retailers, power generators, utilities, and grid operators (T&D) that provides value at the power plant level, network level, and even within the homes of individual residents.
You will be working in a start-up organization within a larger, more stable corporation. Thus, this job will give you all the benefits of a start-up (entrepreneurial environment where you can have a voice and impact the development of a new, market-disrupting technology) but with the stability of an established corporation (ex: steady pay check, corporate health insurance, long term incentives program, robust IT systems, etc).
The Product Solutions Integration Manager, ANZ is a technically-qualified member of the sales team who will be responsible for handling customer onboarding and retention. You will be working with a cutting-edge hardware+software product that lives in the cloud and integrates AI and IoT to give customers real-time monitoring and control capability for their power generation and power storage equipment.
This technology enables retailers, utilities, and power generators to have real-time control of not only power plants in their network, but any power generating equipment that is connected to their network (ex: solar panels, ESS systems, and electric vehicle charging stations). For example, retailers may choose to deploy this product across 1,000 residential homes or commercial businesses on their network, integrating into home solar panels, ESS, and EV battery, to allow the retailer to create a virtual power plant where they can remotely tap into stored energy to better balance the grid, helping to solve some of the volatility problems caused by renewable energy generation, or optimize pricing.
After the installation team completes their job, they will transition customers to you for onboarding and retention, making you the link between customers, the software development team, hardware development team, and sales team. You will be the first stop for customers who need help understanding new equipment, troubleshooting equipment, completing software upgrades, and to understand customer confusion/frustration with the product and work with the engineering & sales team to come up with solutions.
The customers you deal with will mainly be large electricity retailers and integrated utility companies who are considering engaging in multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts. As a customer-facing position, it is crucial that you have patience, empathy, and good communication skills. You also need to be solutions-oriented and willing to think outside the box to solve customer problems and to communicate these solutions with finesse.
Position can be based anywhere in Australia, WFH. Frequent travel to various customer sites will be required.
- Become an expert in our client’s Smart Energy Management (SEM) hardware and software including:
- o Product capabilities and limitations based on hardware
- o Product capabilities and limitations based on software
- o New capabilities the engineering team are working on
- Be able to troubleshoot customer issues and also to be able to reproduce issues in a laboratory setting in order to show the engineering team so they can permanently debug issues
- Build a good understanding of the electricity markets in ANZ and the factors that drive pricing, competition, and consumer choice
- Be able to articulate to customers the value-add that this SEM product brings to different types of customers (ex: retailers versus power generators versus utilities; B2B partner companies, and B2C companies)
- Be the bridge between the customer and the sales team, software development team, hardware development team, and product installation team
- Build relationships with customers participating in pilot/trial programs in order to have a strong enough rapport that customers are willing to share problems, confusion, or frustrations
- Then, work with team members to brainstorm solutions and work with sales to present options, timelines, and costs to customers
- Provide on-the-spot training to customers as needed to properly use the product
- During product pilot programs/trials, project manage the delivery of new initiatives and keep customers as well as internal team members updated on the status
- When third party installers or channel partners are involved, act as a liaison between the engineering team that is located outside ANZ and the local partners within ANZ
- Attend industry events such as trade shows to support the sales team as needed
- Keep abreast of market changes and competitor insight and share with the team
- Be commercially-minded and make the sales team aware of any potential partnership opportunities or new potential clients you may become aware of through your interaction with customers or partners
- Support bids and tenders
- Input data to CRM system and work with Microsoft Office
- 5+ years related experience (though this job will likely require 5-15 years overall work experience) with onboarding and retaining customers
- Demonstratable knowledge of Australian electricity markets (yes, this will be one of the first test questions during an interview)
- Understanding of Smart Energy Management, connected homes, virtual power plants, and battery storage systems such as home batteries and electric vehicles
- Experience communicating technical details of complex software applications
- Willingness to work against tight deadlines
- Because this job will be WFH, must be self-motivated and willing to work autonomously but to also be a team player and able to build relationships with team members across multiple geographies and time zones
Nice to have:
- B2B2C account management experience
- Passion for decreasing carbon-based energy systems
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please use the “Apply Now” button to submit your CV to:
Amy Marietta at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com EA 18S9493 | R1878463