Posted on: 2020-02-10
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Investment & Asset Management
Location: Australia & New Zealand
Job reference: 3084902
- Exposure to diverse asset types (including commercial, residential, industrial
- Corporate culture focused on professional development and long-term career opp
- Sydney based excellent remuneration
- Drive investment performance from deal execution through disposition for assets with complex investment strategies focusing on (re)developments and re positioning projects, in conjunction with local operating partners, leasing/sales agents, and technical consultants
- During underwriting, evaluate risk related to project budget, schedule, entitlements and design; serve as an expert on local leasing and capital market conditions
- Identify, recommend and execute value creation initiatives to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks during the hold period.
- Evaluate financial implications of major decisions including capital expenditures, tenant selection, lease negotiations, debt terms, hold/sell analyses and make recommendations to Investment Committee accordingly
- Assess investment performance in relation to business plan targets by analyzing asset financials and reports, performing regular sites visits and joining asset update meetings.
- Evaluate annual business plans, including operating budgets, and exit strategy
- Drive value creation and minimize risk across all phases of the development process including programming, planning, design and development in conjunction with operating partners and consultants
- Drive the creation of quality assets that operate efficiently considering lifecycle performance and cost effectiveness of design and material selection
- Support fundraising efforts by presenting to prospective clients and participating in due diligence sessions; source new investment opportunities
- Special projects as required
For this position, we are looking for a person who works well in an entrepreneurial organization, who is a self-starter and possesses strong networking and organization skills. The successful candidate should have the following profile:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in real estate, engineering, architecture, construction management or similar subject preferred
- At least 12 years of relevant industry experience preferably at a real estate operator/developer, construction consulting firm, or asset manager
- Demonstrated leadership managing large ground-up development projects and major renovation projection
- Working knowledge of all aspects of entitlements, permitting, design and construction and how these relate to market or tenant requirements
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial implications of various scenarios during development (major leases, scope/budget changes, hold/sell, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships across broad range of parties including contractors, joint venture partners, city officials, and institutional capital providers.
- Excellent analytical skills including understanding of return matrix, cash flow pro forma models and distribution waterfalls
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability, with strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work in a team-oriented environment
- If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV in English to Sally Tremlett by using the “Apply Now” button below.