Posted on: 2021-08-27
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3319167
- Join the Offshore Wind Industry
- Work in South Korea
Our client is a world leading offshore wind developer looking for a Permitting & Consent Director based in Seoul, South Korea. In this role you will have full overview of permits and consents on all offshore wind projects in South Korea throughout development and construction.
This role will be focussed on EIA and permitting activities throughout the project lifecycle from early stage to late stage development as well as then engaging throughout construction and operations of the finalised projects.
Within this role, you will be a key support to the development team ensuring all permitting and regulatory processes are completed properly whilst then also engaging in the EIA work for prospective sites.
Further responsibilities include;
- Perform environmental and communities site assessment, identifying restrictions, impacts and mitigations.
- Complete environmental site campaigns, studies and permits covering areas such as ornithology, marine mammals, visual impacts, fisheries, shipping/navigation and aviation.
- Assist the Development team in permit drafting, permit submission, authorities assessment and permit approval, including representation of the Company in hearings and proceedings, and maintain documentation of the process and conditions for all permits.
- Liaise with regional experts in key offshore consenting matters and draw on expertise from European consultancies both those with offices in Taiwan and other APAC countries, and based in Europe.
- Promote high HSE standards and procedures for offshore wind, share local insights and ensure that global best practices and learnings are implemented locally.
- Drive and coordinate all cross-functional tasks related to the local business set up such as HR processes, especially recruitment; Financial planning, performance and risk management, treasury and reporting; Procurement activities; Compliance, incl. internal controls.
Key for this role will be someone who has a strong background in permitting and consents as well as environmental compliance in offshore wind project in South Korea or regionally. Technical knowledge of permitting processes and regulatory requirements relating to development, construction, and operations of energy projects is crucial. If you have this experience in South Korea then that is beneficial.
You must have excellent Korean and English skills.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa
Aurex Singapore Pte. Ltd. | EA 18S9493 | Daniel Rose | R1550272