Posted on: 2020-07-27
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3151504
- Great hands-on experience for a junior engineer to enter offshore wind industry
- Implement best practices for Asset Management
- Position is based in Taipei, Taiwan full-time
Reports to: O&M Senior Manager
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Energy. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite. We work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, and asset managers.
Join a multinational independent power producer who is building a large offshore wind farm in Taiwan.
The company currently has over 2500MW of power production facilities in operation or construction globally and annual turnover in the billions. The company is known for its disciplined yet nimble management culture and being first to market with many innovative approaches. The company has experienced tremendous growth in recent years and is well positioned for significant growth in the years to come.
As an O&M Engineer, you will be part of the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team of the Offshore Wind Project and will be responsible for developing and implementing the O&M strategy for the projects.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement an Asset Management System
- Identifying best practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Asset Management Strategy by way of managing the interfaces between the technical, commercial, and financial processes within the O&M Work Package
- Performing computer aided sensitivity analysis between different operational scenarios
- Preparing input to the financial assumptions (OPEX) by providing support to the O&M financial analyst
- Preparing input to service agreements and supporting contractual negotiations with the O&M commercial manager
- Ensure that the various project packages in the EPC team (Wind Turbine Generator, Balance of Plant, Offshore Substation, Onshore Substation) are aligned with the O&M requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills and social intelligence is required due to the nature of this position, where the candidate is expected to interact with many different colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
- Exhibit curiosity and determination to acquire specific offshore wind knowledge as it is expected to be able to update her/his knowledge and acumen during project activities
Preferred skills and Technical Requirements
- Relevant master or bachelor’s engineering degree (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) with a strong interest for commercial, legal, and financial matters
- Communication, both verbal and written, in English and Mandarin are required since the candidate is expected to be able to draft meetings minutes and prepare steering documents in both English and Mandarin.
- A few years of experience in relevant and similar fields of work. Experience in offshore wind is preferred, but not an absolute ‘must-have’
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Amy Marietta EA 18S9493 | R1878463 at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa