Posted on: 2020-09-02
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3163431
- Must have HV LV experience
- Must have offshore widn experience
- Position based in Taipei, Taiwan full time
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Energy. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite. We work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, and asset managers.
Join a multinational independent power producer with power generation facilities in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
The company currently has over 2500MW of power production facilities in operation or construction and annual turnover in the billions. The company is known for its disciplined yet nimble management culture and being first to market with many innovative approaches. The company has experienced tremendous growth in recent years and is well positioned for significant growth in the years to come.
The OSS Engineer will be responsible for generating design drawings and documents, determining the appropriate size and type of cables and conduits for each substation, facilitating tasks using engineering application software, and coordinating efforts with team members.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with the OSS Manager to prepare technical requirements for tendering
- Evaluate tenders and provide technical clarifications
- Audit contractor’s proposed offshore substation layout, electrical design, and equipment design
- Perform basic calculations such as voltage drop, CT burden and saturation, lighting, and short circuit with minimal supervision
- Review design auxiliary AC and DC power systems
- Review one-lines, three-lines, control schematics, wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements, and cable lists for high voltage (69-500kV) substations
- Apply field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision
- Participate in negotiations with the OSS Manager
- Raise any issues and suggest risk mitigation measures
- Coordinate with other package managers such as Cables and T&I to ensure
- Oversee project execution and provide testing and commissioning support
Preferred skills and Technical Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with high-voltage, medium-voltage, and low-voltage electric during project execution stage
- Experience with multiple facets of substation design
- Experience with a Collector substation ideal
- Experience with other distributed generation projects beneficial
- Beneficial to have worked in a high-voltage equipment supplier or substation EPC contractor
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and deal sheet/projects sheet together in a single document to Amy Marietta EA 18S9493 | R1878463 at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa