Posted on: 2021-01-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3211916
- Senior offshore construction expert
- Must have experience in Offshore Wind
- Based in Seoul, South Korea
Offshore Package Manager – Wind – South Korea
Our client is a large-scale renewable energy developer focused on building a portfolio across the North East Asia.
They are seeking an Offshore Package Manager to join the business to assist in project development, construction, and procurement activities. This role will be based out of South Korea, on a full-time basis. Though with the COVID-19 situation you may start the role remotely until your work permit can be successfully applied for.
Your role within the business will be both construction and development focused whilst providing your expertise on the BOP surrounding the foundations, cable transport system and offshore substations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- – Responsibility for project design, specification, and management of the offshore package during the planning and development phase of the project
- – Defining technically and commercially optimal project structure with particular focus on increasing efficiency and driving down the cost of energy
- – Providing technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for the offshore package to identify, tender and select advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project
- – Ensuring all technical and commercial requirements related to the package are scoped within the tender materials, lead detailed negotiations, and coordinate with the transaction team
- – Project management during construction and forward planning of O&M Contractor activities for offshore package
- – Working with other package managers to escalate and resolve potential issues before they cause interface delays
- – Conducting technical and commercial reviews of the offshore package, providing timely feedback on issues and resolutions
You must be fulfilling the criteria below to be deemed eligible:
- – Degree in engineering and 10 years of experience within the offshore construction industry. These 10 years MUST include exposure to offshore wind construction.
- – Alternatively, if you do not have a degree then you will be expected to demonstrate 12+ years in the offshore construction industry as well as demonstrating excellent capability within the offshore wind sector.
- – Knowledge of offshore foundations, submarine cable transport and substations will be crucial. Further knowledge of installation and commissioning will be required.
If you believe you are a strong fit for this role then please get apply via the link whilst alternatively if you believe you have a friend who could be relevant, then please feel free to share this position with them.