Posted on: 2021-06-07
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Job reference: 3279209
- Trainee and Experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technicians needed
- Work to be based at client locations in Katy and Sugar Land
Positions available for:
- Electronics Maintenance Technicians
- Mechanical Maintenance Technicians
- Trainee/ Assistant Technicians
- Utilizes basic skills to repair, maintain and perform preventative maintenance on mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment as assigned.
- Uses troubleshooting and repair skills to keep instrumentation in working order.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- May assist and train mechanical technicians in testing components and repairing electrical problems.
- Researches equipment and component needs and maintains mechanical parts inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and maintains preventative maintenance records.
- Follows operating instructions for guidance in troubleshooting, maintenance, and performing general repairs.
- Provides technical support in the form of operator training on equipment.
- Performs emergent repairs on instrumentation at field locations.
- Works directly with vendors and other internal departments to advance business objectives and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required, 3 years technical degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant Oil & Gas or Industrial Mechanical Maintenance Experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings including but not limited to: federal, state and municipal criminal history search, motor vehicle history check, urinalysis and hair follicle drug screen
- This position may be required to complete a functional test quantifying the physical requirements for the essential functions of the position.
- Employee must be physically able to perform all essential job functions required in this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform, as needed, to include, but not limited to, climbing ladders and/or stairs, working on equipment, lifting, swinging hammers, and working in the elements.
- May be required to wear or use a respirator.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral of Protected Veterans requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.