Posted on: 2021-05-01
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Investment & Asset Management
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3261778
- Based in Shanghai, lead China coverage for global strategy
- Transactions focus, with fund formation experience
- PRC Qualified Lawyer required
We are working with an active, global, real estate investment and asset manager as they continue to deploy capital in China and the wider APAC. They have over USD 100b AUM and have successfully deployed under a wide range of structures including direct acquisition, FoF, club deals, seed etc. As they continue to grow, we are assisting in the search for a Legal Counsel at VP level (or above) to join their Shanghai office.
This role will reporting to APAC General Counsel based offshore and play in integral role in communicating and executing the Group strategy in China. In short, the role will:
- Be based in Shanghai, operating as the subject matter expert for China
- Primarily focus on investment transactions. Experience in fund formation strategy would also be highly valued.
- Build high performing relationships with regional and global stakeholders of the firm.
Considering the nature of the firm, we are looking for a legal professional with extensive real estate investment experience; real estate private equity, commercial real estate investment banking, fund services etc
Great candidates for the role will recognise the following in their experience:
- China qualified lawyer with specialist real estate legal coverage, ideally with some experience working directly for an investor, manager or owner of real estate assets
- Track record studying or working in international environments, understanding and productively working with global organisations
- Highly attuned communication skilsl in Chinese and English, with an ability to quickly build rapport
- Conversant with regulated China investment products including QDLP and QFLP
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV in English to Ben Watt by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa