Posted on: 2021-01-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3192992
- Fully responsible for the engineering scope of projects
- Must come from an IPP background
- Based in Seoul, South Korea
Head of Engineering – Renewable Energy – South Korea
Our client is a leading developer with focus on the onshore / offshore wind and solar energy sectors and they are seeking to grow their office in Seoul by adding a Head of Engineering to the team.
Reporting to the Director of Korea you will be fully responsible for the engineering scope of projects and you will be expected to undertake the following duties;
- Lead the engineering teams on front end design of solar and wind power projects.
- Collect solar farm (and offshore wind farm) cost data and investigate cost reduction solutions through innovative design and construction methods
- Establish and maintain relationships with leading EPCs in Korean solar market
- Manage external consultants to perform necessary technical and commercial studies
- Establish and maintain relationships with leading contractors, subcontractors and manage suppliers
- Support construction planning and scheduling
- Provide support to Construction and Asset Management teams on engineering items
- Technical and commercial negotiations with the EPC contractors and preparation of EPC agreement related exhibits
In order to apply for this role you must have the following;
- Over 8 years of engineering experience. Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Must come from an IPP background in your most recent role or previous working history.
- Alternatively, you may be working in a consultancy with your clients being IPP businesses in South Korea.
- Must be fluent in Korean.
- This role is based out of Seoul full time.
If you believe you are a strong fit for this role then please get apply via the link whilst alternatively if you believe you have a friend who could be relevant, then please feel free to share this position with them.