Posted on: 2021-03-21
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Development & Project Management
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3223816
- Hong Kong based, Architect background required
- Executive, hands on position
- Highly visible role
Head of Design & Project Delivery
Reporting to the Managing Director of the firm, the Head of Design & Project Delivery is responsible for delivery of all property related capital projects and master planned developments. The Head of Design & Project Delivery leads a team of Architects and Project Managers controlling a varied portfolio of projects, including the development of new facilities and buildings, alterations and additions, renovations and infrastructure upgrades of the mixed-use portfolio around Hong Kong.
The Head of Design & Project Delivery will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and coordinating all design and construction project activities to ensure that set goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time, quality and funding parameters.
- Reviewing project proposals under consideration by the Development Management team to determine time frame, funding requirements, success criteria and delivery risks.
- Working with Project Managers to prepare implementation plans which identify the key project attributes, ensuring the deployment of appropriately qualified staff and resources for each phase of a project from existing establishment, by recruitment or outsource solutions.
- Applying project contractual knowledge and experience to ensure optimal commercial arrangements with external service providers, contractors and suppliers.
- Reviewing status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Progress reports are prepared for CEO, Board of Management, the Project Management Office (PMO), Business Managers and third party stakeholders as necessary.
- Utilising Best Practice in the project management field and conversant with current trends and training needs. Maintains a professional network with Government officials and principals/directors of leading consulting and construction companies.
To be successful in your application for this role, you must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Relevant degree, post-graduate qualifications and industry certifications along with 15+ years leading teams and property project portfolios
- Experience delivering large scale capital projects in Hong Kong to a multi-year program of works
- Ability to influence outcomes with internal and external stakeholders to mutually beneficial outcomes
- Highly developed communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Strong knowledge and networks of developers and contractors in Hong Kong
This position is seen a key appointment to the Executive of the company. The success of the Head of Design & Project Delivery will be their ability to deliver complex projects on time and under budget whilst promoting a strong safety culture across the business. The candidate appointed to the Head of Design & Project Management position will be seen as a future leader of the business and will be compensated in accordance with the seniority of the position.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV in English to Ben Watt by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa