Posted on: 2021-06-01
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3236198
- Exciting product in nascent market, Build go-to-market strategy from scratch!
- Must have network with ANZ Energy Retailers
- Position based in Sydney – Remote work. No overseas relocation allowance
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Property and Natural Resources & Commodities with a strong reputation in Power Generation.
Our client is a renowned, global energy player active in both conventional and renewable power generation. It is publicly traded and vertically integrated. This position will sit within one of the subsidiary companies which is dedicated to developing innovative solutions for the grid edge (ex: electric vehicle charging, commercial & residential rooftop solar, smart grids, virtual power plants).
The Head of Business Development for ANZ will be responsible for building and executing the go-to-market strategy for the smart energy management solution (SEMS) product. The product integrates hardware, software, IoT, AI, and Machine Learning to allow power producers, power offtakers, and end-users to monitor and maximize the benefits of distributed energy assets.
This role will work closely with the Business Development Manager for ANZ to develop new channels and partnership opportunities in ANZ. It will also work with the global sales and marketing team to coordinate marketing efforts and ensure a consistent brand message across geographies.
- Build strategic partnerships with Energy Retailers to sell the SEMS product
- Develop and iterate a value proposition for the SEMS product
- Develop a scalable business plan to grow the product across Australia and New Zealand
- Work with the marketing team to generate inbound interest from resellers or other market players
- Attend and leverage conferences, industry events, and public relations events to build brand awareness and interest
- Work with the engineering and technical teams to continuously feedback comments and concerns from potential clients to improve the technology
- Work with Marketing and the Global BD team to share market feedback, competitor insights, and industry trends in order to improve the value proposition of the SEMS
- Continuously refine the product development pipeline and roadmap
- Manage customer relations especially in regards to product upgrades, timelines, and functionality
- Have a proven network across Energy Retailers in Australia and New Zealand
- Must have negotiated large-scale, multi-year, complex sales contracts (AUD $50,000 to $1,000,000)
- Experience selling equipment to energy retailers is beneficial, though other products or services can be relevant as well
- Proven track record driving sales of an emerging product, technology, or service
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Willingness to work with globally dispersed team members across multiple time zones including Asia, Europe, and North America
- Experience hiring, building, and managing a sales team
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, use the Apply Now button to submit your CV for review by one of our team members.
Job posted by:
Amy Marietta, Consultant, Aurex Group : EA 18S9493 | R1878463