Posted on: 2020-09-03
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3157122
- Challenging role for experienced Grid Manager in new sector of offshore wind
- Requires creative mindset to to confront a new frontier of power development
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea full time
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Energy. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite. We work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, and asset managers.
As an offshore wind project development and construction management service provider, our client develops both fixed bottom offshore wind and floating offshore wind power development projects. It has successfully delivered over 10 offshore wind projects globally and has 100+ employees from over 20 countries. The Korea office has about 10 employees.
Our client is seeking a Grid Manager to join their team in Seoul, South Korea
As the Grid Manager, you will be responsible for acting as the main interface between KEPCO, MOTIE, and third-party vendors and service providers who work with the grid (ex: grid assessment consultancies). You will work in close conjunction with the Development Manager and Commercial Manager to negotiate grid connection agreements for power production projects.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory framework surrounding grid access and use; raise any potential issues to the team
- Build and manage relationships with KEPCO and other key organizations
- Lead technical discussions with KPX and KEPCO
- Overcome challenges and develop solutions to secure grid capacity and connect onshore and offshore substations to the grid
- Own the grid process from start to finish including capacity studies, developing negotiation strategies, identifying risks, proposing solutions, and estimating development and capital expenditure costs.
- Project manage key grid and system integration studies required to secure connections.
- Provide input to the Commercial Manager to minimize commercial and technical risks
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Track record of success in a similar role
- Proven relationships and influence with relevant grid operation personnel within KEPCO
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and Deal Sheet to Amy Marietta at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com EA Licence No: 18S9493
Singapore: 12 Marina View, #11-01 Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore 018961
T: +65 3165 4450 | EA Licence No: 18S9493 Page 1