Posted on: 2021-05-27
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Corporate Finance & Advisory
Job reference: 3274689
- Dynamic role involving technical, financial, and strategic due diligence
- Regular tracking and reporting to company Executives
- Manage internal processes and provide advisory across regional operations
Global Renewable Energy Producer based in Toronto in search of Finance Project Manager/Internal Manager to support company-wide efforts. This role combines the financial oversight duties of an accounting professional with the team leadership and coordination of a project manager. Finance project managers perform several duties during the project/investment lifecycle, including data gathering and analysis, budget monitoring and reporting, and working with internal stakeholders across multiple Company service lines and Regional Offices to complete projects according to business needs and internal and external deadlines.
This is a highly visible role requires an excellent balance of financial expertise and organization skills, as well as the ability to set schedules and drive team member performance. The capability to understand technical and financial due diligence, budget allocation, and to process large amounts of information for internal tracking and dashboards for Executive review is paramount.
- Financial analysis – finance project managers need extensive experience in financial management, including gathering and analyzing data, organizing reports, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Budgeting and forecasting – in this role, financial project managers develop budgets and create forecasts to support projects related to cash flow and revenue
- Team coordination – developing, leading, and coordinating cross-functional teams is essential for a successful finance project manager, as projects frequently involve sales, accounting, and management personnel
- Time management – finance project managers are highly organized and able to develop project schedules, identify milestones and deliverables, and ensure that projects are completed on time
- Communication skills – successful project managers are skilled communicators, able to report to executives and clearly communicate with team members across departments
- Assist internal stakeholders and teams to achieve a more streamlined internal process for solar engineering, energy assessment, CAPEX, modeling, and investment approval priorities.
- Advise internal stakeholders to drive this process for their individual projects and how to effectively keep all parties on the same page about multiple scenarios
- Coordinate across all regions to ensure consistency between regions.
- Establish tracking and dashboards for regular tracking/reporting to Executives
- Assist with requests for presentations, analytics, reporting, HR requests, etc.
- 5-7 years of Financial Project Management experience in Infrastructure and/or Renewable Energy
- Knowledge of consulting practices and skills, and ability to treat internal stakeholders as clients with accountability for meeting requirements efficiently
- Strong, compelling, and clear communication, presentation and writing skills Ability to apply industry standard project management procedures
- Ability to build strategic working relationships, alliances, and partnerships
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Public speaking and delivering presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Finance, Economics, Management from accredited institution Required
- Advanced degree in above fields preferred
- PMP or Project Management Certifications preferred
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa