Posted on: 2020-09-08
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Corporate Functions
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3165253
- Fast-growing VC firm
- Lean setup, suitable for candidates who enjoy more authority
- Work closely with the founders
My client is a Registered Fund Management Company with MAS, and they’re now looking for a hands-on individual to oversee and provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of the finance, corporate and investment units. The company is a dynamic and growing Private Equity platform with investments in venture / growth stage companies in Europe and Asia.
The successful candidate will be reporting to Board of Directors and to the Group Finance Director located in Europe.
Fund & Corporate Finance, Accounting and Tax
• Overseeing Fund’s and Corporate’s quarterly accounts and Annual Financial Statements;
• Managing financial and tax reporting and working with external auditors, tax consultants and internal teams;
• Group cash Management;
• Partner with the investment team to provide valuable input for each Fund’s quarterly valuation reports and investor reports;
Regulatory and Corporate Compliance
• As the primary point of contact with MAS, ensuring the organization complies with applicable rules and regulations and is responsive to Regulator requests;
• Monitoring the corporate compliance of all group entities (General Meetings, Board of directors, reporting to ACCRA….)
Ad-hoc Responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
• Reviewing and managing service level agreements of 3rd party service providers;
• Have a strong working knowledge/understanding of legal documents such as constituent documents and side letters relating to existing and new funds and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of all private equity and venture capital fund structures and terms.
• Have sound knowledge of calculating Fund’s overall carried interest, net IRR, preferred return, equalization etc as and when needed;
• Monitoring staff administration (outsourced to external provider)
• Contributing to definition of group policies and organisation
• The ideal candidate should be a decisive, knowledgeable, detail & result-oriented applicant that is able to not only inspire and manage but also willing and able to step-in, deputize and assist his/her colleagues (as and when needed).
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues from all departments and across all levels to achieve the required deliverable for the company and its investors and who is willing to take initiative when required and set and adhere to deadlines.
• Good appreciation of international & local tax, internal controls and corporate governance.
• Effective leadership and communication skills and be able to coach junior employees.
• Ability to keep abreast of company policies and procedures and suggesting and implementing improvements where necessary
• Degree in Accounting / Finance, Law or Regulatory oriented degree will be a plus
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in management of regulated organizations, covering similar duties. Experience in Private Equity will be a plus.
• Strong supervisory & leadership skills with experience in managing a small but dynamic team
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your updated CV in Word format to Jing Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Licence No: 18S9493)
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa