Posted on: 2021-06-07
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Job reference: 3279827
- Multiple service lines hiring for trainee and experienced equipment operators
- Housing provided and rotations available for non-local candidates
- Long term opportunity for growth within Client’s very active service lines
An Equipment Operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment in the field and client locations. Assigned equipment could include any of the following based on services being performed:
- Centrifugal Pump
- Sand Conveyor
- Wireline equipment
- Sand Hulk
- Acid Pumper
- Combination Unit
- Cable Spooling Machine
- Cementing equipment
- Overhead Crane
- Hydration Unit
- Coiled tubing Unit
Applicants must have a strong desire to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry, understanding it may require working long hours in remote locations and sometimes in inclement weather conditions.
All employees will go through New Hire Training, Basic Employee Skills Training, and Service Line Training Program to ensure competency, safety, and efficiency.
- Ensures that all equipment assigned is properly functioning and all applicable procedures and tests are conducted in compliance with company standards.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections, as needed.
- Follows supervisor guidance concerning all related operations.
- Delivery of Service at Company location and in the field
- Attends all required safety meetings (on-site and off).
- Troubleshoot and perform minor mechanical and electrical maintenance on assigned equipment, as necessary.
- Performs all work in accordance with established Company specific policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Performs duties within established standards and customer requirements.
- May work in an office, shop or warehouse environment.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- May be required to work outside assigned District location to support internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings including but not limited to: federal, state and municipal criminal history search, motor vehicle history check, urinalysis and hair follicle drug screen
- This position may be required to complete a functional test quantifying the physical requirements for the essential functions of the position.
- Employee must be physically able to perform all essential job functions required in this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform, as needed, to include, but not limited to, climbing ladders and/or stairs, working on equipment, lifting, swinging hammers, and working in the elements.
- May be required to wear or use a respirator.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral of Protected Veterans requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.