Posted on: 2021-06-07
Industries: Infrastructure & Energy
Sector: Technical & Operational
Job reference: 3279226
- Trainee and Experienced Electronic Maintenance Technicians needed
- Work to be based in Client locations in Katy and Sugar Land
AxG Contracting is working with a large Upstream Oil & Gas Service provider for multiple needs at their shops in Katy and Sugar Land.
Positions available for:
- Electronics Maintenance Technicians
- Mechanical Maintenance Technicians
- Trainee/ Assistant Technicians
Perform technical duties in one of the functional areas: electronic, mechanical, or systems. Completes tests, measurements, operations or process controls that are usually routine in nature and very few nonstandard situations occur. Analyzes data and ensures the product, process, or program meets standards. Troubleshoot and resolve product, process, or program defects.
- Possess ability to read and understand technical instructions, prints and material lists
- Performs technical duties in one of the functional areas; electronic, mechanical, or systems
- Completes tests, measurements, operations or process controls that are usually routine in nature and in which very few nonstandard situations occur
- Analyze data and ensure that the product, process, or program conforms to the specifications, process controls, or performance guidelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve product, process, or program defects
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to forklift, drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the company.
- High School Diploma or GED required, 3 years technical degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant Oil & Gas or Industrial Mechanical Maintenance Experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings including but not limited to: federal, state and municipal criminal history search, motor vehicle history check, urinalysis and hair follicle drug screen
- This position may be required to complete a functional test quantifying the physical requirements for the essential functions of the position.
- Employee must be physically able to perform all essential job functions required in this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform, as needed, to include, but not limited to, climbing ladders and/or stairs, working on equipment, lifting, swinging hammers, and working in the elements.
- May be required to wear or use a respirator.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral of Protected Veterans requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.