Posted on: 2020-09-29
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3157121A
- Exciting opportunity to join a new industry full of opportunity and challenge
- High profile role that can make a true impact
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea full-time
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Energy. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite. We work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, and asset managers.
Founded as a specialized provider of offshore wind project development and construction management services our client develops both fixed bottom offshore wind and floating offshore wind power development projects. It has successfully delivered over 10 offshore wind projects globally and has 100+ employees from over 20 countries. The Korea office has about 10 employees.
The Director of Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for engaging with government officials, regulators, and stakeholders in the energy sector to remove obstacles and advance progress for offshore wind development.
- Establish and develop close working relationships with all relevant Government bodies and authorities including MOTIE, MOF, Electricity Regulatory Commission, NREC, KPX and policy think tanks relevant to policies affecting offshore wind development
- Lobby and influence policymakers and influencers
- Build a network with other companies, NGOs, professional associations, chambers of commerce, or other organizations mutually aligned to wind development
- Maintain awareness of government’s policy and regulations
- Lead meetings and negotiations with Government and external stakeholders
- Work with and support Permits Manager to ensure stakeholder support for projects
- Organize and run events, initiatives, and communications in support of project development and consents
- Identify gaps in regulations and consult with authorities to find remedies
- Highlight and report on regulatory risks and implement mitigation strategies
Ideal Candidate Profile:
An ideal candidate for the position will have practical experience from similar developing process of large projects, preferably projects with both offshore and onshore parts, and insight into the South Korea market.
- 10+ years professional work experience
- Detailed insight into energy and infrastructure regulation and decision making
- Knowledgeable on issues such as RPS and REC mechanism and support levels, PPAs, localisation, grid access, and zonal development
- Knowledge of government structure and hierarchy and good relations with authorities at different levels and across institutions
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English and Korean in order to liaise with local authorities as well as to report back to international leaders
- Proven track record of delivery
- Innovative/creative solutions-based thinker to address key hurdles
- Hands on leadership – ready to use own initiative to get things done and know how to prioritize
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com EA 18S9491 R1878463
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa