Posted on: 2021-06-01
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3181560
- Exciting position in Taiwan for entrepreneurial developer
- Bring your pipeline to a financially strong, aggressive investment committee
- Position is based in Taipei, Taiwan full-time (no relocation budget)
One of the Top 10 largest solar developers in the world with over 2GW of solar farms constructed and over 10GW in the pipeline.
*Please note this role does not have budget for relocation from overseas to Taiwan and is based in Taipei, Taiwan full time
The Development Manager will be the second employee in Taiwan and will be responsible for originating, evaluating, and executing solar power generation deals.
- Build the business plan from scratch for Taiwan, taking local challenges, opportunities, and policies into account
- Proven network in Taiwan with relevant stakeholders such as developers, financiers, government, brokers, and EPCs
- Identify and originate opportunities for large scale solar, floating solar, and rooftop portfolios as independent or co-development opportunities
- Input data and operate financial models to estimate returns
- Negotiate contracts and obtain land, PPAs, project finance, EPC, co-development, and M&A
- 4+ years solar, wind, or other power generation development experience in Taiwan; must have seen at least 1 project from origination to COD
- At least 1 successful power project acquisition
- Fluency in English in order to convey complex and technical specifications to colleagues in the overseas headquarters and to the board of directors for investment approval
- Fluency in Mandarin in order to negotiate local contracts and complete government required forms in Mandarin
In the first round screening interview with the recruiter, be prepared to discuss your pipeline of projects and why you are interested in this opportunity.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and project list/deal sheet to Amy Marietta using the apply button.
Aurex Singapore Pte Ltd: 12 Marina View, #11-01 Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore 018961 T: +65 3165 4450 | EA Licence No: 18S9491 | R1878463
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa