Posted on: 2021-03-25
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3233347
- Join a developer with strong financials and agile decision-making
- Must have track record of energy project development in Korea
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea full time, no relocation budget
Our client is a high-growth, well-capitalized, world-renowned, private equity firm focusing on infrastructure and energy investments in Asia-Pacific and North America. It is a dynamic business with strong financial backing from its investors and a flat organizational structure to allow it to action deals quickly.
The Development Director for South Korea will be responsible for building a portfolio of utility-scale renewable energy projects in South Korea. The ideal candidate will have a specialty in at least one renewable energy technology such as ground mounted solar, floating solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, or geothermal. You will seek out greenfield development, co-development, and acquisition opportunities with support from the Vice President of Investment.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, driven, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about bringing renewable energy to South Korea.
This role is ideal for an innovative and self-motivated candidate with a good understanding of the market who can source opportunities, identify risks, present solutions to overcome challenges, and back him/herself to deliver.
This is not your typical employer-employee relationship where the employer dictates how you will spend your time and what your strategy will be. This is an opportunity for you to work with the employer to build your own business plan. In this partnership, you will originate, assess, and own the development process while the employer will provide financial support and shared resources such as the legal team, procurement team, EPC team, and accounting team for your pipeline of projects.
You will be responsible for ownership of the project from concept to COD. If you are a developer who has not had previous responsibility managing a project from RTB to COD, this is a great opportunity to join a patient organization that is willing to train you and invest in your career growth.
- Entrepreneurial position where the candidate is expected to bring a view on the market and set his/her own development goals
- Identify targets, prepare proposals, negotiate PPAs, and manage relationships
- Work with the team to generate financial models, conduct due diligence, and propose projects for investment decision
- Ensure projects meet internal investment criteria and gain necessary internal approvals
- Develop relationships with local developers, EPCs, government entities, land aggregators, or other potential collaborators
- Evaluate and bid on calls for tender
- Solicit, review, and evaluate proposals from EPCs
- Must be able to speak and write with business proficiency in Korean in order to evaluate proposals and execute contracts in South Korea
- 2+ years utility-scale development experience
- Ability to manage multiple, desynchronized projects
- Ability to work remotely with little oversight
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
To have your CV considered by one of our Recruitment Consultants, please use the Apply Button below.
Job Posted by:
Amy Marietta, Recruitment Consultant, Aurex Group R018961 | EA Licence No: 18S9493