Posted on: 2021-02-02
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3165743
- Senior position, top Contracts person in the country
- Must have legal qualification or coursework
- Position is based in Seoul, South Korea full time; no relocation budget
Our client is a global renewable energy developer with a long track record of power production experience and a GW-size pipeline of projects in Asia. This is an opportunity to join a well-established renewable energy company that is committed to the region, has strong financial backing, and over 10 years of experience in renewable energy.
*Please note: this position is not allocated relocation from overseas or expatriate allowances of any sort
The Contracts Manager for Wind and Solar in Korea will be responsible for contractual analysis, risk assessment, redlining of all contracts and negotiations of terms and conditions to assure the potential risks to the company are adequately assessed and mitigated.
This includes coordinating with internal stakeholders, negotiating with vendors in spoken and written Korean, collaborating with legal counsel and determining mitigation strategies on legal issues. Provide contract management support on multiple projects including validating invoices for payment; draft new orders and prepare contract amendments.
This position reports into the Contract Manager for Asia Pacific. Candidate must be comfortable working independently with an overseas boss and little support, and also in a matrix organization with multiple reporting lines and working virtually with colleagues globally.
Candidates must be willing to be based in Seoul, South Korea full-time.
- Adapt FIDIC-based contracts to the local market
- End-to-end contract management from RfP to warranty period completion
- Work with the Project Manager to lead negotiations with EPCs, OEMs, service providers, consultancies, and other relevant parties
- Liaise with service and equipment providers to identify and resolve risks
- Work with providers to reduce costs
- Ensure adherence to the scope of work in terms of time, budget, HSE standards, and quality of service
- Take leadership in dispute resolution and the claims process; negotiate contractual terms as well as settle commercially
- Liaise with insurance providers
- Manage 3rd party experts
- Oversee multiple desynchronized contracts in multiple geographies
- Work alongside the Project Manager to prepare and manage the procurement plan
- Work alongside Development Managers to advise on and prepare tender and PPA documents
- Work alongside Finance to create budget projections and calculate burn rate
- Create reports to track progress, change orders, negotiations, and claims across contracts for multiple wind and solar projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or legal
- Additional course work, continuing education, or other training in legal or contract law if not holding a legal degree
- 3+ years contract management experience on major infrastructure projects, ideally with multiple contracts running simultaneously
- Strong understanding of Korean and international contract law
- Must speak, read, and write business proficient Korean in order to prepare, execute, negotiate, and dispute local contracts with local vendors who only speak and write Korean
- Potential for international travel
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV using the apply button.
Amy Marietta 18S9491 | R1878463
Aurex Singapore Pte Ltd: 12 Marina View, #11-01 Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore 018961