Posted on: 2020-07-22
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3150219
- Requires 3+ years Contract Management experience in power infrastructure
- Dynamic and exciting position managing multiple contracts
- Position is located in Taipei, Taiwan full-time
Position: Contract Manager, BoP for Offshore Wind, Taiwan
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Reports to: Contract Manager
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Energy. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite. We work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, and asset managers.
Join a multinational independent power producer with power generation facilities in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
The company currently has over 2500MW of power production facilities in operation or construction and annual turnover in the billions. The company is known for its disciplined yet nimble management culture and being first to market with many innovative approaches. The company has experienced tremendous growth in recent years and is well positioned for significant growth in the years to come.
The Contract Manager for Balance of Plant will be responsible for working with BoP providers to manage workload and costs.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Management of post-award EPC contract and subcontractor agreements
- Responsible for managing cost of all infrastructural and facilities of a windfarm with an exception of the turbine and all its elements including crane pads/hard standings, foundations, substation civil and electrical, road upgrades and construction, cabling to substation and grid, SCADA, transformers, and miscellaneous costs.
- Work with vendors to optimize costs
- Certify monthly subcontractor costs and claims
- Advise staff on commercial and contractual matters including drafting correspondence
- When issues emerge, conduct detailed contract analysis to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Identify and document contract risks; put risk controls in place as appropriate and bring to management attention
- Manage, negotiate, and settle claims from subcontractors, vendors, and partners
- Prepare, file, and follow through on insurance claims
- Implement best practices for contract management
Preferred skills and Technical Requirements
- 3-5 years experience in contract management, ideally in offshore wind
- Mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering education background or legal or quantity surveying preferred
- Speak and write English fluently in order to liaise with teammates and superiors internationally and as most contracts will be in English
- Helpful to speak and write in Mandarin fluently in order to vet contracts and negotiate with Taiwanese vendors but not required
- Experience managing multiple contracts simultaneously
- Experience managing EPC, civil works, logistics, and electrical contracts
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and deal sheet/projects sheet together in a single document to Amy Marietta EA 18S9493 | R1878463 at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com