Posted on: 2021-02-23
Industries: Property & Construction
Sector: Corporate Functions
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3223511
- Fast growing RFMC in Singapore
- Work closely with Group CFO & COO
- Onboard new private & institutional investors to a new fund
The client is a Registered Fund Management Company with MAS, this headcount is created to onboard new private or institutional investors to a newly launched fund. The incumbent will report to the Group CFO and the COO.
This role will also have the guidance of an external compliance consultant to familiarise the candidate with the Company’s existing compliance framework.
- A) Corporate Compliance & Legal Support
- Organizing and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings;
- Overseeing the lodgement of required forms, annual returns and other correspondence with ACRA (with the support of service providers, where applicable);
- Drafting and/or reviewing of board resolutions, minutes, amendments to company constitution, capitalization tables, stock registers/transfer documentation and other administrative responsibilities;
- Providing transactional support for mergers, dissolutions, acquisitions, investments, contributions, dividends, asset sales and other corporate transactions;
- Reviewing and assisting in marking-up of various agreements and documents e.g. Private Placement Memorandum, investment management agreement, subscription form, referral agreement etc.
- Managing the formation/acquisition, registration, ongoing maintenance and/or deregistration of new and existing legal entities
- B) MAS Compliance
- Be the MAS liaison officer
- Handling of various reporting to MAS and other regulatory bodies. Lodgement on the appointment of representatives and other information through MASNET.
- Review and update of compliance manual, standard operating procedures, client KYC checklist and subscription forms.
- Monitor and approve KYC/AML, FATCA/CRS and other investor onboarding processes as well as periodic reviews.
- Be involved in BCP testing, internal audit planning, compliance risk management functions.
- Manage strategic / adhoc projects to include new regulatory requirements ensuring appropriate and timely identification, assessment, and implementation.
- Work with the Board of Directors to deliver the quarterly compliance monitoring programme.
- Degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Business or Risk Management
- At least 5 years in a financial industry preferably with a licensed fund manager in a compliance and legal role
- Sound understanding of MAS regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- A self-initiated team player who can prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure
- A discerning individual that is able to be tactful, diplomatic and professional when challenges arise
- Someone who can embrace complexity and is patient in finding solutions
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV to Jing Leong by using the “Apply Now” button below or send the CV directly to email@example.com
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.aurexgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/fgAWEBa
EA 18S9493 | R1872880