Posted on: 2020-09-04
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Renewable Energy
Location: Asia Pacific
Job reference: 3160982
- Entrepreneurial role – perfect for candidate who backs themselves to deliver
- but needs funding and technical support
- Position is based in Taipei, Taiwan full-time
Aurex Group Overview:
Aurex Group is a boutique recruitment firm focusing on Infrastructure & Property and Natural Resources & Commodities. We service a core group of clients across their full spectrum of needs including front, middle, and back office as well as corporate functions and the C-suite and work with companies across the project lifecycle including lenders, developers, EPCs, and asset managers.
Our client is a high-growth, established, well-capitalized developer headquartered in Asia-Pacific. It is a dynamic business with strong financial backing from its investors and a flat organizational structure to allow it to action deals quickly.
The Business Developer for Solar in Taiwan will be responsible for building a portfolio of utility-scale solar projects in Taiwan. Join a high performing team that has already generated a gigawatt-scale pipeline of projects.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, driven, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about bringing solar energy to corporations, government agencies, and other clients in Taiwan.
This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial candidate with a good understanding of the market who can source opportunities, identify risks, present solutions to overcome challenges, and back him/herself to deliver.
This is not your typical employer-employee relationship where the employer dictates how you will spend your time and what your strategy will be. This is an opportunity for you, the entrepreneur, to join a group of like-minded individuals to set your own goals and leverage the financial support of the employer and shared resources such as the legal team, procurement team, EPC team, and accounting team to support your pipeline of solar project development.
The candidate should have a desire to take ownership of the project from concept to COD. For a developer who has not had previous responsibility managing a project from RTB to COD, this is a great opportunity to join a patient organization, that is willing to train you and invest in your career growth.
- Entrepreneurial position where the candidate is expected to bring a view on the market and set his/her own development goals
- Identify targets, prepare proposals, negotiate PPAs, and manage relationships
- Work with the team to generate financial models, conduct due diligence, and propose projects for investment decision
- Ensure projects meet internal investment criteria and gain necessary internal approvals
- Develop relationships with local developers, EPCs, government entities, land aggregators, or other potential collaborators
- Evaluate and bid on calls for tender
- Solicit, review, and evaluate proposals from EPCs
- Must be able to speak and write with business proficiency in Mandarin in order to evaluate proposals and execute contracts in Taiwan
- 2+ years utility-scale Solar development experience
- Ability to manage multiple, desynchronized projects
- Ability to work remotely with little oversight
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please send your CV and Deal Sheet to Amy Marietta at Amy.Marietta@AurexGroup.com
Singapore: 12 Marina View, #11-01 Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore T: +65 3165 4450 R018961 | EA Licence No: 18S9493