Posted on: 2021-06-08
Industries: Natural Resources & Commodities
Sector: Technical & Operational
Job reference: 3280441
- Experienced Plant Operators and entry-level candidates considered
- 15 days on, 6 day off rotation and housing provided for non-local candidates
- Potential for upward growth
AxG Contracting is working with a large Upstream Oil & Gas Service provider for multiple needs in the Haynesville region as well as areas of operation throughout the United States.
The Bulk Plant Operator operates the district bulk plant facilities so that the prepared products and bulk materials can be delivered to well sites, while maintaining excellent quality control and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
He/She assists in training other operators and trainees. Comply with all governmental regulations, industry standards and observes all health, safety and environmental policies to reduce environmental impacts.
- Responsible for ensuring the blending of chemicals and other materials is accurate and processed in appropriate amounts.
- Assist with maintaining a sufficient raw material inventory.
- Ensure the plant is in good working order so that the blending of materials can be completed and the products delivered to work site in a systematic and organized manner.
- Must be precise in measuring components used in the mixing and blending operations.
- Calculating quantities, volumes and weights is an essential part of the job, Blend and mix all bulk products for delivery to the well site on time and as per the programmed design.
- Coordinate the bulk products movement to and from the district with Logistics.
- Assist in the monthly inventory count and ensure all paper work is completed properly on a daily basis for goods received and goods shipped.
- Ensure all additives are properly labeled and stored in a safe manner and that all empty drums and pails are disposed of in the proper manner.
- Perform a daily check of bulk plant equipment and maintain all equipment while also ensuring bulk plant is kept clean.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs
- Prioritize health, safety and environmental policies.
- Previous bulk plant operations, mass balancing, mixing, forkllift and/or overhead crane experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings including but not limited to: federal, state and municipal criminal history search, motor vehicle history check, urinalysis and hair follicle drug screen
- This position may be required to complete a functional test quantifying the physical requirements for the essential functions of the position.
- Employee must be physically able to perform all essential job functions required in this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform, as needed, to include, but not limited to, climbing ladders and/or stairs, working on equipment, lifting, swinging hammers, and working in the elements.
- May be required to wear or use a respirator.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral of Protected Veterans requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.